Approach Navigation Systems Inc (ANS Inc.) was incorporated in November 1992 and maintains its head office in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada. CEO Brian Ahern is responsible for Business Development. The General Manager is Tara Arnold and the Technical Manager is Patrick Gionet.
The company started with the maintenance of airport navigation systems. In 1992, under contract to Royal Oak gold mines, ANS expanded to include the design, installation and maintenance of airfield lighting. Since this first project with mining companies, ANS has gone on to fulfill the requirements of many mining projects throughout Canada, serving as the first point of contact for all aviation requirements for the operation of the private airports at these many facilities.
To augment the Navigation Systems of its business, ANS expanded into Automated Weather Observation Systems (AWOS) in 1999 and later Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS) as a natural extension of the AWOS program, as many of the characteristics are similar.
The Corporation’s main areas of business are:
• RWIS (Road Weather Information Systems) for aviation and highway applications;
• Airport operations, including airfield lighting, navigation systems, instrument procedure design, airport design and airport operating procedures;
• AWOS (Automated Weather Observation Systems) for aviation use; and,
• Manufacturing, including towers for RWIS and AWOS, as well as complementary sensors for the above products.
Products & Services
- Airfield Lighting
- Instrument Procedure Design
- AWOS Installation and Maintenance
- Navigation Systems
- Airport Navigation Design
- Airport Operating Procedures
667 Malenfant Blvd
Dieppe, New Brunswick E1A 5T8